Fires to the south of us, and floods to the north, we were just dry and dusty. We have now had 3 inches (75mm ) of very gentle rain and the grass is already turning green. Time to get all our breeding ewes in, and give them the once over for the breeding season. We will be joining at the beginning of April and now is a good time to look at the condition of the ewes, the better their condition now the better the lambing. It is also time to see if they need drenching again, update the 6 in 1 injection, and check that their udders are sound. A little bit of time now, will help us to be organised when deciding which ewes should go to which ram, and who should be culled, and not again. It is a good time also to check the rams health. No good finding out that there is a problem when it is too late.